Are you considering online drawing classes for kids for your bundle of joy? You will find numerous beginning drawing for kids classes at platforms like the Yellow Class. Yet, you should always keep a few pointers in mind while you are enrolling your little one into drawing class. Teaching drawing to your kid will be a great first move towards integrating the arts into his/her life. Children who start learning drawing at an early age are reportedly more likely to witness well-rounded brain development, getting outlets for expressing themselves, thinking creatively, imagining things and also understand various concepts of life like proportion, balance and perspective. Phew! That is a truckload of benefits and we’re not done yet!
Children enrolling into online drawing classes for kids will naturally enhance their EQ (emotional quotient) greatly while also boosting their mental health, relaxation and wellness. Art can combat sadness/depression in both children and adults and kids with artistic abilities may also be less vulnerable towards mental fluctuations. Here are some other pointers that you should remember.
- Children should find drawing to be a fun activity. They should not feel that someone is forcing it upon them.
- Refrain from demanding and forcing your child to draw when he/she is not feeling like it.
- Make this a part of the routine and he/she will automatically start having fun or enjoying the same.
- You should give kids ample space to express themselves while stocking them up with the tools that are needed.
- Integrate art into playtime sessions and the child will feel that it constitutes having fun in the first place!
- Remove distractions, get your children outfits that they can repeatedly mess up and put down newspapers everywhere.
- Ask questions to the kid about what he/she is drawing. This will boost his/her imaginative and storytelling abilities in turn.
- Whenever your child gets sad or angry, ask him/her to channelize this into a picture! This works like magic.
- Showcase his/her artwork to encourage him/her to practice and get better over a period of a time.
- Let your child take drawing decision on his/her own.
- Have fun weekly challenges/activities linked to drawing that will help your kid revise concepts learnt in online classes and execute the same on his/her own thereafter. Have rewards and prizes that will motivate your child greatly in this regard.
These are a few things that you should remember while prepping your kids for online drawing classes. Make sure that you are a sounding board, a cushion and a source of unconditional encouragement and comfort for your child as he/she navigates the beautiful world of drawing and artwork. This should be a stress-free, innocent and creative journey without frustrations, distractions and unnecessary hassles. As a parent, you can follow these guidelines towards accomplishing this objective wonderfully.
Encourage children to draw with their eyes on the object they are drawing. Try putting a square of paper on their pencil, above the spot they grip, so that they cannot see the line they make. Have them draw practice lines first. Have them practice drawing each part of the shape separately.
Rehan is a student of Masters at the University of Birmingham. He loves writing about business, finance, technology, and life. He believes that sharing knowledge with the public is the best thing that one can do for the world and humanity.