A pumpkin is considered a fruit block in Minecraft. It is yellow to orange in coloration most of the time. It is found abundantly in patches with the same texture on all four sides of it. You can also carve a pumpkin yourself in Minecraft and find it in different places too.
Read more: Glassmaking guide
What Are the Applications of Pumpkin Crafted in Minecraft?
There are many versatile applications of Pumpkins in Minecraft. Some of them are as follows
Read more: White dye-making guide
- You can use these carved pumpkins as your head covers
- You can use them for fantastic Halloween decorations to make your base look haunted
- You can make Jack O’ lantern to be used as a light source to keep the mobs away from reproducing
- You can also use them as a food source by making enjoyable pumpkin pies that are very popular in Minecraft
- You can sell pumpkins to apprentice-level farmers in exchange for emeralds
- Players can also make golems for protection purposes as they can kill mobs
How to Make a Carved Pumpkin in Minecraft?
Read more: Compass-making guide
The method to grow a pumpkin includes the usage of Minecraft pumpkin seeds. These seeds can be located in various places like dungeon chests, etc. You can also find them growing in a field. They are also present inside loot chests. Participants can acquire pumpkins by replacement of hay bales in taiga and snowy hilly villages. There is a chance of getting carved pumpkins if mobs such as zombies or skeletons are wearing them and are killed using a tool enchanted with looting.
Read more: Username changing guide
You don’t have to use a crafting table or furnace to make a carved pumpkin. The following method can be used in any edition of Minecraft.
Read more: Unbanning someone guide
- Place the mined pumpkin on the ground. It is regular on all sides.
- Now you have to get some shears. The recipe to make shears is to use two iron ingots in the three-by-three crafting table. In the first row, there should be 1 iron ingot in the second box of the first row. Whereas in the second row, there should be 1 iron ingot in the first box. Place the iron ingots in this exact pattern. Otherwise, you won’t obtain shears.
- Take the shears in your hand. Now carve the sides of the pumpkin by clicking the shears onto any side. Pick up the seeds dropped by it so that they can be used to grow more pumpkins. You cannot carve the top and the bottom of the pumpkin.
- Now you can use an ax or any other type of tool to pick up your carved pumpkin and store it before it disappears.
Period for Each Pumpkin to Grow
Pumpkin, when carved, usually takes around ten minutes to thirty minutes overall. If it takes 10 minutes, then it is equal to half the days spent on Minecraft. On the other hand, if it takes thirty minutes, it will be similar to a full Minecraft day or even more. You can increase the growth rate of the pumpkin by opening all four blocks around the actual planted block open. But if there is only a single block left open, the pumpkin will grow at a slower speed, but it surely will.
Read more: Concrete making guide
Where To Find Carved Pumpkins in Minecraft?
You can get pumpkin in natural biomes like mountains or plains, as long as there is space above the grass block. This space is essential for the pumpkin to grow. They can also be found in woodland mansions or supply chests of shipwrecks in stacks of three. Players can also acquire pumpkins by replacing hay bales in taiga and snowy hilly villages.
Read more: Rail Using Guide
How to make a Jack O’ lantern Minecraft?
This method is pretty simple. Just open the three-by-three crafting table. Place the carved pumpkin exactly above the torch in the crafting grid. You’ll get a Jack O’ lantern! Use it to decorate your base or make your mansion look spooky.
Read more: Noteblock making guide
So now you are well-acknowledged with all the data that is required to make your own pumpkin. There are some other crops to grow too that are pretty easier than this. However, the use of pumpkins is very noticeable. Like the most important is to trade them with other players. Thus, enjoy your pumpkin crop-crafting and have fun!
Jerry is Editor on Vipaa.net. After completing bachelor’s in Computer Sciences, Jerry decided to pursue a career in Digital Marketing.