The aging of the eyes is highly noticeable in drooping eyelids, poor vision, and unsightly under-eye bags. People with constant eye bags may feel less self-assured and may encounter bizarre queries from friends and family. There are both types of surgical and non-surgical options for Plastic surgery procedures for bags under the eyes.
Surgical options are more effective because they provide long-term results as compared to non-surgical treatments. First, however, we are going to discuss about the plastic surgery procedure for under-eye bags. It will include a complete procedure, results, benefits, cost, and many more. So, keep reading for the details.
An Overview: Eye Bag Treatment
As we age, our skin continues to change, and one prominent indication of aging is the development of eye bags. But don’t worry; an experienced plastic surgeon can treat this problem aesthetically.
A cosmetic surgical procedure that is used to perform for removing the eye bags under the eye and make the eyes attractive is known as an eyelid lift or blepharoplasty. It is a procedure where the plastic surgeon will readjust the fats under the eye and tight muscles accurately. Lower eyelid lifts typically permanently eliminate under-eye bags; rarely do patients still require follow-up procedures.
Reasons or Causes
According to plastic surgeons, there are different reasons for the appearance of eye bags. Some major and common reasons or causes are mentioned below
- Consuming a lot of salty meals makes you retain water, which results in edema.
- Cause of Allergies – swelling brought on by allergies may occasionally worsen the puffiness under the eyes.
- Medical issues: Eye swelling can be brought on by medical issues, including thyroid issues.
- Genetics: Having under-eye bags may run in your family as a physical trait.
- Natural aging process: As you become older, your muscles and skin lose rigidity.
What to Expect in Results?
After getting an eye bag removal treatment, a person will obtain long-lasting, effective, and noticeable results. It may require a recovery period, but you will get accurate results once it is healed. Also, choosing the best plastic surgeon who can perform your treatment perfectly and successfully is necessary.
There are a lot of benefits and advantages for those candidates who get the surgery to eliminate annoying eye bags. Some common and significant benefits are listed below
- Long-lasting and effective results.
- Successful performance.
- No major side effects or complications.
- Improve the appearance of your eyes.
- Tight up the skin and make it smooth.
- Suitable for all types of candidates.
- Cost-effective procedure.
Who can be the Right Candidate?
Before undergoing surgery, it is necessary to be an eligible candidate for eye bag removal treatment. The suitable and right candidate will be the one who fulfills the basic candidacy criteria. It is mentioned below
- You should be above 18 age.
- A person who has excessive under-eye bags.
- To get rid of unwanted fats.
- Those who struggle with blurry vision due to puffiness.
- The candidate should be free of other skin allergies.
The Complete Procedure
An experienced and professional plastic surgeon will perform the procedure as it is a very delicate surgery. So, there are a few stages of the procedure of under-eye bag removal surgery, and you need to follow every instruction of the surgeon.
Before the Surgery
You must consult with your plastic surgeons before the procedure, explaining your health condition and desired outcomes. In addition, you will probably be instructed to cease using drugs like ibuprofen or other blood thinners that raise the risk of bleeding.
During the Surgery
In most cases, the treatment is done outside while the patient is sedated and under local anesthetic. Depending on whether you are operating on both the upper and lower eyelids, it may take 30 to 60 minutes.
In order to remove fat deposits and sagging skin during surgery, the surgeon creates an incision along the folds of the eyelids. After completing these modifications, the wound is stitched and surgically taped shut.
However, depending on your surgery, the incision’s site could change. An extremely difficult incision with a prolonged healing time is created in the lower eyelid beneath the eyelashes.
After the Surgery
Your surgeon will prescribe you a few aftercare instructions, and you have to follow them during the recovery period. Otherwise, you may have to experience complications or side effects. The helpful aftercare instructions are
- Use cold compressions after the surgery.
- Take prescribed medication on time.
- Apply recommended lotion to prevent side effects.
- Avoid going out in direct sunlight for a few days.
- You may need to wear black sunglasses.
- Keep the treated area clean and dirt free.
- In case of any pain or reaction, inform your surgeon.
All Summed Up!
Therefore, some people may desire this surgery to lessen the look of eye bags. Lower blepharoplasty is the term for eye bag surgery. The procedure reduces the appearance of extra skin or fat around the eyes. A person will often feel better after surgery in a few months. Lower blepharoplasty has risks and adverse effects, including bruising, swelling, and, in rare instances, blindness, like any surgical surgery.